BuzzFeed helps us during this dreary winter by offering a list of their favorite LGBTQ+ YA books. Let’s make some tea, light a candle, and put down our phones for an hour.
1. Be Dazzled by Ryan La Sala: It’s cosplay, a terrifying mother, and exes
2. Get a Clue by Tiffany Schmidt: A gay romance in the world of Sherlock Holmes
3. Last Night at the Telegraph Club by Malinda Lo: A lesbian in San Francisco’s Chinatown circa 1954
4. Wench by Maxine Kaplan: A bisexual woman travels to the queen to save her tavern
5. A Complicated Love Story Set in Space by Shaun David Hutchinson: Three teens on a spaceship
6. The Girls I’ve Been by Tess Sharpe: A bisexual psychological thriller already picked up by Netflix
7. Yesterday is History by Kosoko Jackson: The effects of a liver transplant includes time travel
8. This Golden Flame by Emily Victoria: Secrets to unlock, mysteries to solve, and very little time
9. As Far As You’ll Take Me by Phil Stamper: Mental health and a homophobic church
10. Tell No Tales: Pirates of the Southern Seas by Sam Maggs, ill. by Kendra Wells: Female pirates!
Find more BuzzFeed recommendations here and have a second cup of tea!